Tuesday, April 17, 2012

8. What was the most difficult assignment/task/challenge that you were faced with? How did you deal with it? What did you learn from it?

The most difficult thing that I have done is learning the inside and out of one of the programs of one of our instruments. I was asked to determine how to export the raw data from the program so that we would still be able to access it if the program became corrupted. It was rough because the program crashed if I tried to print from the help screen. After a few days of working on it, I was able to figure it out. I then saved all of the raw data, starting from when we got the program through the current testing. I learned that the job isn't just doing chemistry, but you also have to apply your knowledge to other aspects of your work. You have to try your best to make everyone's life in the lab a little easier.   

No comments:

Post a Comment